The Nuclear AMRC has helped hundreds of companies to achieve their goals through manufacturing innovation and supplier development.
We have helped create or safeguard thousands of jobs and hundreds of millions of pounds of new business for companies. We have worked with hundreds of businesses, including many SMEs, to help them to become more competitive.
Much of our work for companies is commercially confidential, but you can discover a few of our success stories below. Each case study opens as a downloadable pdf (c300kb).
- Record-breaking machining for Bloodhound SSC
- Pushing the limits with FMC and Howco
- Safety-critical design support for Plexus Ocean Systems
- Assembly time halved for Rolls-Royce
- Extreme deep hole challenge for Sandvik Coromant
- Slashing the cost of waste box manufacture for Sellafield
- Sound benefits in welding for Tata Steel and TÜV Rheinland
- TSP Engineering streamlines bogey production
Supply chain development
- Abbey Forged Products targets nuclear opportunities
- Arc Energy gets fit for nuclear new build
- Barrnon prepares for growth
- Fan Systems moves up the supply chain
- Flamgard Calidair gets fit for nuclear new build
- Fort Vale targets new nuclear business
- Graham Hart gets fit for international growth
- Hargreaves proves its fitness for nuclear
- Pumps primed for growth at Hayward Tyler
- Heatric targets new nuclear work
- Hydrobolt fastens on nuclear fitness
- Larkshill Engineering invests in a nuclear future
- Lestercast primed to take first steps into nuclear
- Lloyd Morris ready for electric opportunities
- NIS targets new growth
- Outokumpu Stainless Distribution gets fit for new build
- Paul Fabrications targets new opportunities
- Stainless Metalcraft shares in growth
- Therco expands in nuclear
For more case studies on companies completing our Fit For Nuclear programme, see our directory of F4N companies.
For the latest news on how we’re helping UK manufacturers win work in civil nuclear and other innovative energy sectors, see our quarterly newsletter.