The Nuclear AMRC has helped hundreds of companies to achieve their goals through manufacturing innovation and supplier development.
We have helped create or safeguard thousands of jobs and hundreds of millions of pounds of new business for companies. We have worked with hundreds of businesses, including many SMEs, to help them to become more competitive.
Much of our work for companies is commercially confidential, but you can discover a few of our success stories below. Each case study opens as a downloadable pdf (c300kb).
- Insphere collaboration brings innovation to market
- Small heat exchangers present big welding challenge for Thornhill
- Flawed weld collaboration with Sonaspection
- Milling cycle time slashed for Sheffield Forgemasters
- Building confidence in steel powder metallurgy with EPRI
- Virtual glovebox offers a helping hand for Sellafield
- Assembly time halved for Rolls-Royce
- TSP Engineering streamlines bogey production
- Extreme deep hole challenge for Sandvik Coromant
- Pushing the limits with FMC and Howco
- Safety-critical design support for Plexus Ocean Systems
- Sound benefits in welding for Tata Steel and TÜV Rheinland
- Record-breaking machining for Bloodhound SSC
Supply chain development
- TP Group on track to double nuclear business
- Penny Nuclear lifts its fortunes with F4N
- F4N helps Fairford motor ahead
- Heatric targets new nuclear work
- Barrnon prepares for growth
- NIS targets new growth
- Outokumpu Stainless Distribution gets fit for new build
- Paul Fabrications targets new opportunities
- Abbey Forged Products targets nuclear opportunities
- Lestercast primed to take first steps into nuclear
- Flamgard Calidair gets fit for nuclear new build
- Fan Systems moves up the supply chain
- Graham Hart gets fit for international growth
- Stainless Metalcraft shares in growth
- Hargreaves proves its fitness for nuclear
- Pumps primed for growth at Hayward Tyler
- Hydrobolt fastens on nuclear fitness
- Fort Vale targets new nuclear business
- Arc Energy gets fit for nuclear new build
For more case studies on companies completing our Fit For Nuclear programme, see our directory of F4N companies.
For the latest news on how we’re helping UK manufacturers win work in civil nuclear and other innovative energy sectors, see our quarterly newsletter.